The Building of A Brand

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was time that I start sharing my experiences and my testimony a little every week as my family and I go about turning Sophie Grace Maui into something that we can leave to the next generation. I will post new designs and future events of course. But what I hope this blog accomplishes is something a little more personal for those who read it. This is my story of being a Mom, a wife, a business owner and failing to do it all but learning and loving along the way.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Relax

Lately life has been a bit stressful. I've been going back and forth between two stores and my schedule has been less than ideal. I've been working almost everyday and not spending enough time with my family. On top of that Greg's job is taking up more time as well which has been hard to balance as he tries to finish things around the store. The bathroom still isn't working, the landscaping isn't finished, more lighting needs to be put up and the signs need to be hung. Every morning I would wake up just feeling this immense amount of pressure to get it all perfect. And then God reminded me that I have to relax. Which is funny because it's not like I found some quiet time in order to hear that. I've been pretty bad at that lately and I think God got tired of waiting for me to ask what he thought. But he loved me enough to tell me anyway. Relax. I'm new to Paia and I want our business to do well and to fit in too. I want to be accepted by the community of course. But I didn't build this store to impress the neighborhood. I did it in order to take care of my family. To do something with my Mom. To grow as an artist. To teach my children about life and faith. To provide. To enjoy what God has given me. If I forget to do all of that because I'm so worried of failing and what others think then what on earth was the point? So this is me trying to relax and enjoy the process of it all. Today I'm OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment