The Building of A Brand

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was time that I start sharing my experiences and my testimony a little every week as my family and I go about turning Sophie Grace Maui into something that we can leave to the next generation. I will post new designs and future events of course. But what I hope this blog accomplishes is something a little more personal for those who read it. This is my story of being a Mom, a wife, a business owner and failing to do it all but learning and loving along the way.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Day Off




Today is the first full day that I have had off in over a month (with the exception of Christmas of course). Managing two stores is overwhelming. I know that it will get easier as business picks up and we have a regular staff in place. But for now it's overwhelming. If I'm not in Wailea then I'm in Paia and if I'm not in either place then it's night time and I'm in my office making jewelry. Thanks to my assistant I was blessed with a full day at home with my little girl. And let me tell you it was much needed. We haven't had one of these 'just the two of us' days in awhile and we really didn't have anywhere to be. So we did something that I always want to do but never can because Saturday is normally a work day. We went garage sale hopping. Maui is a pretty great place for garage sales. People either have generations of family here so they have a lot of really great old stuff, or they were only here temporarily and are now leaving the island so they have a lot of really great new stuff. I know that garage sale hopping with a toddler probably doesn't sound like fun to most. But with a child like Sophie who instantly bonds with every stranger she meets it can actually be a lot of fun. And since all the garage sales are in my neighborhood it was pretty convenient too. I didn't find anything for me but Sophie definitely scored. The pieces are old and will need a bit of fixing and granted Sophie doesn't have a doll house yet. But we can find or build that later.
It's been an amazing day. I will go to bed tonight at peace and reminded that next to her none of it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment