The Building of A Brand

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was time that I start sharing my experiences and my testimony a little every week as my family and I go about turning Sophie Grace Maui into something that we can leave to the next generation. I will post new designs and future events of course. But what I hope this blog accomplishes is something a little more personal for those who read it. This is my story of being a Mom, a wife, a business owner and failing to do it all but learning and loving along the way.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

For Me?


I have the most amazing customers. It's almost absurd to me how loyal and kind they are. The most loyal and kind ones are the ones that I met my first six months in that kiosk in Kaanapali. There must have been something pretty endearing about me, scared out of my mind trying to make my dreams come true! I'm still scared out of my mind. That hasn't changed. But I am a little bit more aware of how odd it is that these people keep in touch with me. For example, my friend Shriley. This lady bought a few starfish bracelets three years ago when I first opened. Those bracelets have reappeared in my life several times needing repairs. Once by mail, and the other time through some friends of hers on vacation. Both times I happily repaired them because that's my job, but kindly reminded her that maybe it wasn't a good idea to wear them EVERYDAY. Do you know what she did? She knitted me this scarf. Or crotchet? I'm not sure. But it took her 9 hours! And then she held on to it for a year until she was able to make it out to Maui again! I almost cried when she showed up in our Paia shop and handed it to me. I have more stories like this, especially once Sophie was born. And it just blows me away. So I just wanted to say thank you. I believe that God purposely puts customers like you in my life to reassure me that I'm not crazy. I think that he did it very often early on because I was an emotional wreck all of the time and needed the encouragement of strangers who would later become friends. So again, thank you. You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment