The Building of A Brand

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was time that I start sharing my experiences and my testimony a little every week as my family and I go about turning Sophie Grace Maui into something that we can leave to the next generation. I will post new designs and future events of course. But what I hope this blog accomplishes is something a little more personal for those who read it. This is my story of being a Mom, a wife, a business owner and failing to do it all but learning and loving along the way.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Where am I?

To be honest, I agonized over what my first "blog" would say. The idea of even having a blog, or a Facebook page for that matter, seems a bit strange. I've never been "completely with it" when it came to technology. I was the last person to have an email account and to own a flat screen TV and I'm ashamed to admit it but my husband and I STILL aren't wireless. So the fact that I am now running around filling orders that came in through my twitter account is very very unlike me. But now that I'm an official business three years running I think that it's time to get with the program. So here I am blogging away.

I know that I'm sending this out to a lot of customers who haven't heard from me in the last year. And a lot has happened since then. First, Sophie herself. Sophie Grace Shepherd is now 15 months old and a beautiful force to be reckoned with. She is hands down the most amazing and courageous person that I have ever met. Second , we have changed locations once AGAIN. After Sophie came into our lives I needed a store that allowed me to be a Mom, and I had to be home to do that. So when the Grand Wailea Resort and Spa called and offered me a location that I could close at 4:00 PM and I could still be home in time for dinner, I said yes! Now you can find me 5 days a week poolside at the Grand Wailea still making one of a kind jewelry. I'm very happy to be there and I hope that you visit me the next time that you are in Maui. Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see you here and see you making that brand recognition!

    As I write this I'm wearing my favorite red SG Coral earrings. Already received 4 compliments today on them...

    Good luck with everything!

    Looking forward to following your progress as well as watching Sophie Grace grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new blog and it sounds like the business is going great! I'll have to visit your website.

    ReplyDelete