The Building of A Brand

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was time that I start sharing my experiences and my testimony a little every week as my family and I go about turning Sophie Grace Maui into something that we can leave to the next generation. I will post new designs and future events of course. But what I hope this blog accomplishes is something a little more personal for those who read it. This is my story of being a Mom, a wife, a business owner and failing to do it all but learning and loving along the way.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Counting Blessings and Pennies Too

Every year at this time our small island goes from crazy to quiet in a matter of days. It marks the end of summer and the beginning of what every retailer on Maui dreads, SEPTEMBER. It's one long month in which our economy literally stands still. And when I say stands still what I mean is all revenue comes to a screeching halt. Every year we say that we are going to put money away to save for this month and of course we never do. Instead my husband and I wait until September is upon us and then we start to panic. I think that I am handling it a little bit better this time around. God always comes through in one creative way or another and somehow our bills get paid. But it absolutely puts things into perspective. For 30 days we have to live without things we normally take for granted. No extras what-so-ever at all. And in a way I'm kind of glad. It reminds me of how very blessed that I am and how rich I am even if I don't have a dollar to my name.

But, if your a tourist who comes to Maui in September and us locals seem a little bit grumpy, now you know why!



No comments:

Post a Comment