The Building of A Brand

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was time that I start sharing my experiences and my testimony a little every week as my family and I go about turning Sophie Grace Maui into something that we can leave to the next generation. I will post new designs and future events of course. But what I hope this blog accomplishes is something a little more personal for those who read it. This is my story of being a Mom, a wife, a business owner and failing to do it all but learning and loving along the way.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Sophie Grace Maui



My plan was to celebrate Sophie Grace Maui turning three this month. I was going to make a big deal of it on facebook and have a mini champagne toast at the store and make it special. But then as I was doing my taxes and looking over my old receipts from years prior I realized something. Sophie Grace Maui turned 3 weeks ago. For some reason I always thought it was at the end of March, but in reality it was in the beginning. So Happy Birthday Sophie Grace Maui, I'm so sorry I missed it!

I decided that the very least I could do was reminisce by posting the photos we took in the very beginning...
Still do this day lighting is our biggest dilemma..

Sophie Grace Maui, actually called Sophie Grace Designs, started as a little kiosk in Whalers Village Kaanapali. Notice that it's dark in the photo? That's because I used to be open 10AM-10PM all day everyday. I'm so glad that's out of my system. At first I didn't mind being there all of the time. But after a few months it wore on me. Greg and I used to have dinner there most nights, taking turns helping customers. And on the days that we got rained out we would pack up the beads and sit in our teeny tiny ohana/garage that we rented and make jewelry together.
God has been very good to us through our little jewelry adventure and I wouldn't change any of it (even the hard parts) for the world.
P.S. We finally had a photo shoot of the new store so I will be posting those next week.
P.P.S. In case you were wondering about my last post: Sophie is back to normal not throwing tantrums and not climbing out of her crib.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Sophie Grace Maui/Design! I'm so happy to have stumbled on the kiosk all those years ago and I lovingly wear ALL my pieces often. Congrats on a successful first 3 years. I'm sure there are many, many more to come!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete