The Building of A Brand

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was time that I start sharing my experiences and my testimony a little every week as my family and I go about turning Sophie Grace Maui into something that we can leave to the next generation. I will post new designs and future events of course. But what I hope this blog accomplishes is something a little more personal for those who read it. This is my story of being a Mom, a wife, a business owner and failing to do it all but learning and loving along the way.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Second Location?


Actually a 'For Rent' sign is something that you don't see often in Maui when it comes to store fronts. Sure people close down just like every where else. But in Maui there is an astonishing number of small business owners and not enough retail space to go around. So somebody is always waiting in the wings for you to throw in the towel. And I'll admit it, I've been one of those people for the last six months.
It's not that I don't love my location now. I do, trust me. I can count off all sorts of designers who would love to see me close. But I've become very aware that if I want to grow a second location is the first step. So I became one of those stalking the streets for a store front. And let me tell you that it wasn't easy. Every time that a store came available I was sure that I was the first one to notice. I would track down the landlord, not an easy task either, only to find out that there was a waiting list before the previous tenant even gave notice. I think I might have even shed a few tears. But I've played this game before and knew that there was a perfect spot for me and that I would find it eventually. And I think that day might have finally come. I don't want to say too much yet. The security check has been delivered but I won't announce anything until the lease is signed. I will keep everybody updated, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. i am sooooo excited for your second location! you are such a talented woman and i can not wait to see you explode with tons and tons of success

    ReplyDelete