The Building of A Brand

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was time that I start sharing my experiences and my testimony a little every week as my family and I go about turning Sophie Grace Maui into something that we can leave to the next generation. I will post new designs and future events of course. But what I hope this blog accomplishes is something a little more personal for those who read it. This is my story of being a Mom, a wife, a business owner and failing to do it all but learning and loving along the way.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Surrendering

I can't really give the details. But something very important in my life was taken away. Even though I saw it coming and was prepared for the hurt I was still very upset. That night I cried in my husbands arms and we prayed about it together. And what God told me was to let it go. To surrender it and not to worry about it, that he had my back if you will. And so I did. Though it was hard it was also a relief. I was so tired of worrying about this happening that when it did happen I was just glad that it was over.

And so the next morning I woke up at peace with letting go of something I thought was so important. Too important really. And I heard God say, "This is going to hurt, but let me work." And work he did.

I was given back what was lost but under better circumstances. I know that is a promise in the bible but it was so rad to have it happen the way it did. I don't ever want to live outside of God's will. I don't ever want this feeling of total trust to depart from me. I know that in time it probably will. I am only human. But today the lesson didn't escape me and I am so thankful that I have a God that loves me and knows me and pays attention to detail. And I'm so thankful that he put people in my life that would fight for me.

I promise to try and hold the things of this world with a loose hand. And when something amazing happens to me, even if I can't share the details, I will share the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment